Re: Digest Number 397

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:47:16 -0000

Not really -- henchmen and hirelings were an integral part of D&D even in the late 70's... Afterall, it evolved up from a miniatures game which had bands of warriors and magicians, etc, etc.

And DNPCs, sidekicks and the like were a part of Champions back then.

> games had this for quite a while until GURPS added it then D&D
finally

Gurps is rather late on the scene, IMHO.

> picked it up.
>
> I'm glad it has a major role in Hero Wars since it really does fit
in better
> with mythology and the flavor of traditional adventuring heroes.

This is quite true. But followers can be abused rather badly -- or at least, I've observed that from some of comments I've had to field from one or two distressed local narrators.

> A.K. Berner

Jeff