Werewolves

From: Dick Kingman <rtkingman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:41:52 -0500

I am currently reading Poul Anderson's "Operation Luna" (sequel to Operation Chaos). It has a good explanation of how a werewolf's immunity to normal injury works, in case any of you are still dissatisfied with the discussion a while back. (That was this list, wasn't it?) Basically, it is instantaeous healing unless the injury kills him outright or is caused by silver weapons. Our hero is shot several times with a highpowered rifle, but though it hurts, none of the injuries are instantly fatal and so they heal right away. Of course, you may not be satisfied with how you that might work in HW. I guess something like: if you don't reduce the werewolf to Dying state, you just chase him off if you defeat him (he is tired of the pain being inflicted), and you treat the Dying state for werewolves as Dead. ( Assuming you weren't using runemetals or magic.)

Dick Kingman