Re: A couple of conversion type questions

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:40:15 -0000

Divination is covered in great detail in Thunder Rebels. The main difficulty is the power of the deity (or spirit/saint/entity) being contacted -- the bigger it is, the better informed your answer will be but the harder it will be to _get_ an answer from.

> Allied Daimones - Rune level characters used to get Allied Spirits,
Now
> that Theists have little to do with the Spirit World, to cults
provide
> some of their important members with Allied Daimones? I'd guess so
> (although I don't know what you need to qualify) in a similar way to
the

>From what I recall, folks who are disciples of various deities will
gain allies. Rules for this sort of character should be in Storm Tribe (if I recall correctly). But bascially, the only folks who seem to get such spirits now are the folks who commit all their time and effort to a single god's aspect. I also remember something Greg said about all powerful god-talkers having 'their own wind' -- which is reflected in Harmast's Saga... Mr. L has a pretty good one.

> way that the "Local gods" described on HW:RiG P228 sound like what
we
> used to call Spirits...)

And yes, local gods are remarkably similar to local spirits -- I think that what sort of critter it is (spirit or daimon) depends on just who 'wakes up' the terrain feature. But that's just my opinion. If you're a theist and the hill 'over there' has a spirit in it -- we'd just put it down as being 'hostile' and do our best to get rid of it.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

----+

----+