Re: followers

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:29:00 -0000

As written, the replacement follower steps in without too much problem in between the games -- unless you'd been playing too many 'red-shirt' games with them. At that point you've got problems with recruitment.

> I suppose you could change all of this with house rules, but I don't
> really see the need. If you want a powerful 'follower', get an ally
and
> improve the relationship to the point where the ally nearly always
tags
> along.

Yes, that would be my take on the matter. But I think that the player is trying to get the advantages of the follower without the disadvantages of the ally. =)

I'd just bring the relationship up to something unpleasantly like 5w. Of course, unlike a follower, an ALLY requires you to pay him off in various ways...

Hope this helps,

Jeff