Re: misapplied venerators

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:18:25 EST

In a message dated 1/2/01 12:01:06PM, you write:

<< >IMO there are lots of sorcerous orders which are actually
>misapplied venerators.

 I don't think so for the simple reason that such spells are  more difficult than pure sorcery orders. In turf fights,  the pure orders are going to win. Only in Heortland/Holy  Country and Safelster will they prosper.

 --Peter Metcalfe >>

I also think there might be reasonable numbers amongst sailors, so coastal areas. Safelster and Holy Country alone account for quite a few. I suspect the stranger sects in Umathela, Fonrit, etc might also have a bit of this sort of thing. HOwever, this is just my opinion. IF you look at it from a number of orders POV rather than a number of worshippers then you might be more likely to agree that there are quite a lot of different small Orders of misapplied venerators, as opposed to big orders who are "doing it right".

My angle on this is to quickly come up with a choice of sorcerous orders for a Jrusteli Magician in the Imperial Age (9th Century) for a fairly Open, mid level campaign.

Keith N