worship X vs. initiate of Y

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:24:47 -0000

To use the heortlings as examples, most people have both "worships storm pantheon" and "initiate of Y" (some have "devotee of Y" instead, with Y = Orlanth, Ernalda, or some other god).

I've been trying to keep straight in my head what each of these is used for, and how they relate to game world (non-rules) items. One is considered a measure of piety, but I honestly forget which. And if you are asking for divine aid you use your initiate of score, I think, but maybe not.

Well, as you can see, I'm all in a muddle. I know it is all in the books somewhere, but whenever I go looking I seem to find new things I'd missed before but miss other things I know I saw somewhere previously.....

Could anyone who really understands what each of these means, and when you would use them, and why I would want to raise them, put up a *brief* summary? I for one would be tremendously grateful!

Regards;

--Bryan