Re: Re: worship X vs. initiate of Y

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:17:16 +1300

Tim Ellis wrote:

> > Initiation represents your piety to a particular god. This has
> > a maximum score of 10W2.

I just found this: if you have a "Worship" score higher than 12, you may use this score as your "Initiated to" score when initiated (HW:RiG p183). The wording doesn't indicate that the old worship lapses (unlike the Devotee which states that one "transfers" the ability on HW:RiG p184).

> > You can learn the god's affinities
> > (but no feats) to a score no greater than your "Initiated to"
> > score.

I'll have to backtrack on this. I can't find where I saw it from and the only thing that I can find says that the affinity scores and the initiated to score have a limit of 10W2.

> > Devotion is where you devote yourself to the god to the near
> > exclusion of other gods within your pantheon. If you were an
> > initiate of a god before devoting yourself to him, then you may
> > transfer your entire ability from "Initiate of" to "Devoted to".
> > There is no limit to your devotion ability. You may learn
> > feats as well as affinities.

>Is your score in your affinities still limited by your Devoted to? I
>would certainly expect so but you missed it in an otherwise very
>comprehensie summary....

It doesn't say. The only stated limit is that a secret can be no higher than the lowest of the affinity.

The only stated uses of "initiated to" and "devoted to" scores are described in the last paragraph of HW:RiG p178.

--Peter Metcalfe