Re: worship X vs. initiate of Y

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:05:25 -0000

> Now you mention it, It does seem odd, since IIRC (I don't have the
> books with me) a starting Heortling Initiate will have "Worship
Storm
> Pantheon" at 13 and "Initiate of Orlanth Adventerous (or whoever)"
at
> 17. This of course explains why you didn't mention a similar
limit
> for Devotees....
>
> Could it have been an early draft of the rules? It may have been
> intended to slow down the rate at which affinities could have been
> learned, but ended up making them too expensive...

Not quite. The devotion/Initiation are to a specific deity. The Worship Pantheon is for the entire group of them at a whole. Its your ablity to be a warm body at an Issaries ceremony or to help out with the Orlanth-ing if you're a Lankor Mhy type.

Devotees don't have any limit as to what they can do with their specific deity, this being the main advantage of such worship.

Jeff