Questions from our first session

From: bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:48:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello All--

Back from our PDX, OR groups first HW session. We approached our game as a simple 'feel out the rules' excursion. Hence, the following questions:

  1. Initiate vs Devotee--If I am an Initiate of Humakt. do I have access to ALL feats listed under the affinities? And, these are with a -3 improve penelty?

If during the game I thought of a new feat, could I use it with a greater penelty? If so, what?

Would I have to use one HP to keep the feat at the sessions end?

How is are the above questions answered if I were a devotee instead?

2) If each player gets one HP at the beginning of a session, can it be used or saved? If used prior to play, would it automatically be considered unrelated--say if I tried to aquire a new feat.

I can always use that HP during the game to aquire a skill.feat/spell etc. Right?

3) I am a warrior with a Spear and Shield fighting at 10w. I then augment my spear with a feat for a +5 edge. I then use a feat to give my shield a +5 edge.

Is my ability then 10w^10 for BOTH attacks and defenses, or is 10^5 for either? How does the weapon rank fit in? If it is 4--then is my attack 10w^14 and defense 10w^10? If my armor is rank^2?

If I augment my spear and shield with a physical skill, such as STRONG, would the bonus be an edge or amodification of the TN. If used as an edge, then would that simply be added to any weapon edge for the length of the encounter? What about TOUGH? Could that be used to augment armor? Can I use both or only one for that encounter?

4) We had trouble with SWIFT skill. Obviously that helps with running. But, One player wanted to use it to augment their fighting abilitywith an imnprove penelty. Would that be a fair use of the skill?

Thanks

Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos online! http://photos.yahoo.com/