Re: Questions from our first session

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:53:09 -0000

As far as my understanding goes, initiates can never cement a feat and can never learn a feat. They can increase their affinity. A kind narrator may give them a lower improv penalty if they've successfully used a 'new' feat several times in the past -- they are getting used to this slightly stranger magic. But that's house rules -- at least for me.

I'm finding the tendency of some narrators to forbid initiates to improvise anything new vaguely strange.

> A devotee would be able to use standard without penely
> and improvise new ones guring a game with a penelty.
> If they cement them with a HP, then it can be casr
> without a penely.

Yes. That is true. They have learned the new feat and it is now a partof their magical repitoire.

> A runelord, or a worshiper who has a a presence on the
> inner world, a stronger connection, could improvise
> new feats without penelty, but still have to cement
> them.

NIMG. As far as I know, you still have to improvise. We don't know the rules for things like Rune Lords (whatever they are eventually called) I think at they'd learn magic faster but I'm not really aware of just how they will be dealt with. I do know that most clans cannot afford them -- which is why we find them at the Tribal and Warband level.

And everyone has a presence on the Inner World -- having a presence on the Other Side/Godplane/HeroPlane/Plane of Bizzaro Neo-Platonic Ideals ...? That would be a large H Hero. Someone/thing who can be worshippped and provides something in return.

And these powerful magicians certainly can't improvise new things (when they get there). Its not... Mage.

A puzzled,

Jeff