Re: Re: High cost of Sorcery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 19:53:48 +1300

Jeff Kyer:

> > Liturgists can also learn grimoires and spend 30% of their time.

>I don't see anything about Liturgists learning grimoires -- other than
>blessings. Mostly the Abiding Book or the Rule if the order has such
>books -- A History of My Black Horse Troop being an example of this.

_But_ the Liturgist must expend hero points to learn the blessings of both the Abiding Book and the Rule and to improve the chance of invoking blessings. The only relevant category in the Character Development Costs table to learn or to improve the abilities for the book is the grimoire category.

And for Loskalmi:

::In the normal Loskalmi fashion, the spells and blessings learned by
::wizards and liturgists, respectively, come from the same book, rather
::than the Order having a separate rule of their saint's life.
         http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultlong_greatfuturist.html

--Peter Metcalfe