Re: Re: Questions from our first session

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 01:26:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, JEFFREY KYER wrote:

> > 3) I am a warrior with a Spear and Shield fighting at
> > 10w. I then augment my spear with a feat for a +5
> > edge. I then use a feat to give my shield a +5 edge.
>
> No. Spear is for attack, shield/armour is for defence. You have to
> choose when you're invoking these fears. I do not know how you got a
> +5... When creating edges with feats, you get +2 per level of
> augementation. You only get additional ability and AP when you
> agument.

Or to think of it another way, The spear gives you an edge - you add that when you transfer APs successfully, your shield gives the other guy a handicap - you subtract it when he successfully transfers APs. Is using augments to increase handicaps in the rules? When applied to armour ranks this would seem obvious...

By the way, I assume the ^5 includes the ^3 that comes from being a normal weapon and normal armour.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net