Re: Disciples/runelords

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 19:35:36 +1300

At 00:47 8/01/01 -0500, you wrote:
>At 05:21 PM 01/08/2001 +1300, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> >For example, I can't imagine disciples for Bevara, Odayla,
> >Hedkorath or Vanganth. I doubt Issaries has disciples as I

>I could see having one Disciple of Odayla at a time: the ultimate hunter.

However hunting isn't actually Odayla's intrinsic nature; being a bear is. Perhaps in Sylila, there might be an Odaylan disciple but I can't see one in Sartar.

>could also see a disciple of Vanganth, especially if he is one of those
>Heortlings who is born with the ability to fly (RiG p. 64).

I don't consider that having a natural ability to fly requires one to spend 90% of his time as a disciple of Vanganth. RiG p64 implies the opposite with the next sentence ("Others are taught by Vanganth...").

The criterion for rejecting Vanganth disciples that I was thinking of, was that in teaching only one affinity, it's is a subcult (as opposed to an aspect of Orlanth like Adventurous, etc), thus only 10% of one's time need be spent following him.

--Peter Metcalfe