Re: Questions from our first session

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:47:28 -0000

You mean fixed? Sure, no problem, my character has a Sharpsword in her 100-word writeup, which has a ^5 Rank. As for items with ratings, there are some ideas along those lines, our current one is to make augments a simple Ability test, make it & get 1 'level' of augment (+1 bonus or +2 Edge) for 10 full points of Ability. You could make it +1 Edge per every 5 points of Ability. Crits double it, of course, while only fumbles give a penalty (but only 1 & 20 crit/fumble).

> Also I remember a previous post that propsed turning
> augmentation into an ability test by using the
> resistance number as a penalty on ones TN? Has anyone
> tried that?

Yes, we were using that, but we switched to the above idea for speed (saved everyone worrying about EXACTLY how much augmentation to risk). But it worked just fine at medium levels - below rating 17 it was too hard to succeed with a decent Augment, above 1W2 too easy.

Wulf