Re: Disciples/runelords

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:14:43 -0000

> >Not Bevara, but OK for Chalana Arroy? How do you see Bevara as
being
> >excluded?
>
> Does Bevara look like a major deity? I just don't think that
> small cults can have disciples.

I had imagined (not having any details on Disciples) that it was more a matter of attitude - only fanatics become Diciples. So yes, you get fanatical Humakti, dedicated to Death, yes, you get fanatical Chalana Arroy, dedicated never using violence & fairly treating all as equals, but Bevara just doesn't strike me as too fanatical. Don't be violent, except to the enemy, treat everyone as equal, so long as they're on your side... I would, however, therefore think you COULD get Uroxi Diciples, as they could well dedicate themselves to chaoskilling  90% of the time.

> But what would be the magical advantages of being a disciple of
> Humakt then if disciplehood merely confers the ability to learn
> the magic of all the god's aspects?

Maybe (still having no solid data) there IS no mortal advantage, but Gods World ones for more effective HQ-ing, and maybe some 'special' abilities, like a more effective DI. In other words, benefits outside the current rules.

Wulf