Vanganth

From: Meirion Hopkins <Meirion_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:05:48 -0000

> Andrew Dawson
>
> >The criterion for rejecting Vanganth disciples that I was
> >thinking of, was that in teaching only one affinity, it's
> >is a subcult (as opposed to an aspect of Orlanth like
> >Adventurous, etc), thus only 10% of one's time need be
> >spent following him.
>
> I agree that subcult status may prohibit disciples, but that's a guess
> because I don't know the disciple rules. A devotee of Vanganth will
> actually spend at least 70% of his time (60% for devotee of Orlanth
> [Aspect] plus 10% for Vanganth). The devotee of Vanganth who decides to
> learn Vanganth's secret has relinquished his ability to rise as high as
> possible (i.e., learn the secret) in the Orlanth [Aspect] cult and, in my
> games, would be spending the majority of his time emulating Vanganth, a
> specialization of Orlanth [Aspect].

Is it necessary to be an Orlanth [Aspect] worshiper to be a devotee of Vanganth? I'd assumed not.

One of my player's PC is a God-talker of Vanganth. Time hasn't been an issue yet, so I'd just assumed that for a devotee the time would still be 60%. With only one affinity to raise, the offset for this heavy time requirement was access to the secret a lot quicker than for a multi-affinity cult.

What is the initiate/devotee time requirement for membership solely in a subcult? Is it 10%/40% (devotion taking 30% greater time than initiation), 30%/60% or just 10% for either level - which can be implied from p181 of HW:RiG?

Meirion