Re: Digest Number 415

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:10:18 +1100

> Message: 11
> Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:36:44 -0800 (PST)
> From: bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Questions from our first session
>

> Also I remember a previous post that propsed turning
> augmentation into an ability test by using the
> resistance number as a penalty on ones TN? Has anyone
> tried that?
>
> --- bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...> wrote:

In my campaign and the campaign I play, we use the following system as I think was suggested by David Dunham, subtract the task number of the augment/edge (e.g +1/+2 TN = 5) from the ability and then use a simple ability test to see if you succeed. This reduces the number of dice rolls, which I think is a major bonus and it is much simpler. We don't find that it is unbalancing, as the bad guys can do exactly the same thing. My campaign has the players with skills from 10-20 and the campaign I play has the main abilities in the 5W to 15W range and it works for both.

Martin