Re: followers

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:28:54 -0000

> There has been talk on the lists of a "companion" or "sidekick" type
> follower, someone who is more than a spear-carrier, and less than
an ally.
> While HW does not have rules for them, various people on the list
have
> suggested 25 word descriptions.

that was me, for one, but I would want to put some restrictions on the use of such a more capable Follower. Firstly, no 'free' replacement if he's killed, secondly some form of closer association with the Hero (more like an Ally with Follower-level Abilities), thirdly only the two Follower Abilities can lend AP, and only these rise for 'free' with the Hero's best Ability.

I am now tending to think, for simplicity, that just spending the odd HP to give the Follower an extra Ability or two (no lending AP, no 'free' rise in Ability) would be as easy. But I do like the 25-word version, it's surprisingly easy to get a decent character with just 25 words...

Wulf