Re: Disciples

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:33:11 +0100

This was originally from the Odayla thread.

Peter:

> >Or is your argument here that a disciple is tied to the
> >"deeper nature" of the deity rather than the deity's cult?
> >(which would make sense)
>
> I'm guided by the "deeper nature" philosophy myself.

I thought so and I think it is the right way to go as it provides a clue to the difference between initiates/devotees and disciples: initiates are initiates in the _cult_ of their deity, devotees are still within the framework of the cult. As far as I can glean from the discussion so far disciples rather bypass the cult framework and go straight for the "transcendent"/"true" nature of the deity.

For example, a Sartarite initiate of Humakt is an initiate in the cult of the honourable god of war and death. A disciple of Humakt is death incarnate.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?