Re: Re: Hero Quests R Uz

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:30:12 -0800

At 09:46 PM 1/9/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Oh, I agree I HAVE to spice up a HQ to make it more dramatic, but from
>the characters' viewpoint, it seems they are just incapable of getting
>it right. Our heros always seem to get screw-up HQs, while the rest of
>the world gets on with them far more predictably. Sounds to me like
>we're expected to play the incompetents! The only logical alternative
>is to occasionally say "OK, while Joe has been out of play, he's
>succeeded in 3 HeroQuests quite uneventfully", thus improving his
>average. But that definitely sounds wrong!

When I GM I nearly always have the pl;ayers go through everythign more than once. Raid once, raid again, then raid and have some go REALLy wrong. Same for HQing. It is the way the players learn what is usual and how to act. If players want to raid the fourth and eighth time then I make it into a simple roll. "You failed," or "You succeeded."

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>