Re: Hero Quests R Uz

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 22:56:27 -0000

Not necessarily. Other clans could be having WORSE problems -- remember in the HW magic is changing and the old ways are no longer working. Often this happens quite dramatically. The heroes could be one of the few groups of people actually able to cope.

> the world gets on with them far more predictably. Sounds to me like
> we're expected to play the incompetents! The only logical
alternative

Not really... I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. Robin's response was much better worded than mine was.

> is to occasionally say "OK, while Joe has been out of play, he's
> succeeded in 3 HeroQuests quite uneventfully", thus improving his
> average. But that definitely sounds wrong!
>
> Wulf

No. I think you're reducing this to the absurd here. Every heroquest gets strange. You bring your own problems with you and in many cases, that is what makes each quest different -- your history and your clan's history are unique from those of all the other clans and tribes.

And as Robin said, routine IS boring. In my game, the successful completion of the harvest rituals just gets a quick mention and a muted 'thank gods' from the group before we go onto the problem for the night (read adventure).

Not sure if this helps, but I'm trying.

Jeff