Re: Another HQ question

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:54:34 -0000

Followers are affected since the penalty refers to people, not units. In my game, followers they count as whatever they would be (initiates/devotees, etc) and take the appropriate penalty. This is one of the reasons Followers are highly reluctant to accopmany heroes on Heroquests. Other reasons in include death, dismemberment, vivsection and accidental maining-for-life.

Its a very good time to check the follower relationship as going into the Otherside is hardly 'normal play' -- I test the relationship against a 17 'I'm not going in there, are you mad?' But your game may vary, of course.

If you've got followers who will go with you to the Underworld, you've got good, loyal people. This also prevents one from gathering up a bunch of followers and gooning the HQ wiht weight of numbers (not likely, I know).

Jeff