Heroquests

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:48:45 -0000

On Wednesday, January 10, 2001 3:17 PM, Tim Ellis [SMTP:tim_at_...] wrote:
> On the subject of "writing Heroquests" it seems to me that there are
> three broad approaches
> 2) Start with the Benefit. Either you know what power/bonus/maguffin
> you want to give to the characters to fit your overall campaign arc,
> or they tell you that they want to HeroQuest to achieve "X". You
> write up an adventure to allow them to achieve this, generating a
> Myth from the stations they will go through

If you want to look at it this way, the Vinga Initiation myth I wrote (it's in the Files section of the HeroWars list) can be done as a (low level, as it's intended for new initiates) heroquest where the reward is to gain an "Initiate of Vinga" trait and/or access to Vinga's feats and affinities, or to increase your Brave/Adventurous/Defy Father traits or, well, lots of things.

Regards,

Bruce