Re: Re: The Sword That Isn't Death Any More Heroquest

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:15:32 -0800

At 09:59 PM 1/10/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>JK:
>>That's a good method. And one way of representing what happens when
>>the Humakti who played Death comes back looking for his sword.
>
>Or to get his Death back - if it was a Humakti dying on a battlefield that
>was brought in, then by taking away his Death, you will have stopped him
>from dying. He's going to be quite upset about this. This could be used as a
>scenario in another way - a PC Humakti is dying, and finds themselves
>dragged into a HQ in the role of Humakt. If his Death is taken away, then he
>finds himself alive,

Actually, I think he'd be undead here.
An impossibility, according to the god... Of course, you can do anyting in a story, even defy Humakt. That's what the game is about.

>but with no Death affinity, maybe even not a Humakti
>anymore depending on what station he lost Death at. He then has the choice
>of going to get his Death back (and dying) or living out life as a normal
>Orlanthi. If he keeps Death, then he dies, but he dies a good Humakti.
I think other Humakti would feel obliged to send him back to his god.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>