Re: Vanganth

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:03:49 +0000

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:05:48 -0000, Meirion Hopkins wrote:

>Is it necessary to be an Orlanth [Aspect] worshiper to be a devotee of Vanganth? I'd assumed not.

I would say "No, but..."

Not worshipping Orlanth in at least a minor way is damned unusual. It would be strange and aberrant behaviour to form a devoted relationship with Vanganth while essentially rejecting Orlanth. There would have to be a Story to be told.

Most (perhaps even 'all') Orlanthi would think the character mad. The best real world analogue I can come up with would be one of these strange Irish mystic women who venerate the Blessed Virgin without wanting anything to do with the Trinity. Sinaed O'Conner. Not the sort of character to drop into a game casually.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"