Re: Vanganth

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:44:16 +0100

Jeff Kyer:

>I'd personally thing its wiser to wait till
>you've looked at the material before making blanket statements?

Good point. However...

>> Movement and Flight, which is largely redundant. Unless one expends
>
>No. They are not redundant, as a preusal of the movement and flight
>affinities in HQ:RPiG will show.

This is precisely the material I looked at. And I'm afraid I don't understand what you're getting at. Some examples?

>Flying is all well and good, but it won't help me if I'm trying to do
>something on the ground.

Such as? How is jumping over rocks or running over mud or up cliffs any different from flying over or up said rocks, mud or cliffs? I can't help but visualize these Movement feats as involving somehow leaving the ground. Even if they don't, there's still no functional difference. And leaping into the sunset (or whatever) looks suspiciously like flying to me. The remaining two are the ones I cited as still being useful.

Now, it's entirely possible that TR will list different feats for the Movement affinity. Or the Flight affinity, for that matter (I certainly hope so). So my worries might be needless. At worst, Vanganth initiates will have to pester their narrators to let them switch a few feats for something more useful.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg