Re: Mounted Combat

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:29:07 -0000

I treat it as Close Combat -- though I 'cap' the CC ability with a 'Mounted Combat or Ride.' Just as those who fight exclusively mounted have a 'fight on foot' ability that works in the opposite fashion.

Riding acts as the _maximum_ your close combat can be while mounted. Afterwards, I allow augmentation for strong, fears, whatever. Which is why ambushing Heortlings while they amble along on horseback is so nasty. (Horses are rearing and plunging, etc -- until the heroes dismount and fight).

And its why Heortlings ride to the battle and then fight on foot.

At least, that's how we do it in my game, yours may differ.

Hope this helps,

Jeff