Re: Parting Shot

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:34:37 +0000

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 01:20:31 -0800, Brad Furst <esoteric_at_...> wrote:

>1. What parameter is used to resist a "Parting Shot" (c.f.,
>p.141)? Standard default 14?

Whatever the defender wants to use. He still has the choice, just as he does for a Final Action (p141-142), but reduced by Hurt or Injured status. Same for a Coup de Grace. Defence does NOT take an action, therefore. although at or below 0 AP you cannot take an action without using the Final Action rules, you may still defend yourself. Which makes your 'defeat' at or below 0 AP a bit problematic, I admit, but still...

>2. Is it true that "Coup de Grace" may not be used directly upon a foe who
>is merely Stunned (not "hurt, injured, or dying")? May such a Stunned
>opponent be subject to a Parting Shot which drives AP to level of "hurt,
>injured, or dying" and then follow that Parting Shot with a Coup de Grace?

Correct. p141 again states, "Any opponent driven to hurt, injured, or dying can be killed...".

Wulf