Re: Parting Shot

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:45:03 -0000

Hmm, If the opponent is fled then you certainly can't deliver the Coup de Grace. If they've been "dropped" then there is little to stop you finishing them off if you so desire.

eg: "You have driven him down to -1 AP, he is stunned and backs away from you"
"OK, Parting Shot - A Backhand stroke across the head, 10AP <rolls dice>"
"You hit him with a resounding 'Thwack', and he collapses in a heap on the floor"
"Right, I'll step forwards and remove his head before continuing..."

Of course many people will consider this the same as "killing defensless prisoners" - During the combat, and (unless he's screaming "Don't hit me! I surrender!) even in the parting shot a fatality is a side effect of the combat. After a successful Parting Shot the opponent is obviously no longer a threat...