[HeroWars] Re: Hero Quests R Uz

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:19:53 -0000

Well its just a matter of degree really. I will write up some more on this (and why you can't just go and beat up on a lone crested dragonnewt to stop a months long drought) this evening, all being well

> The ones that don't usually
> go wrong... (see previous comments by Robin and Roderick)

That is to say, they only go wrong when they become the focus for your game/session (well vice versa really, but YKWIM)

>> You pick on a scrawny Dragonnewt scout to beat up in your
>> Aroka HQ, only to discover that on the Hero Plane he evolves into
>> his future self as the Inhuman King of the Dragons Eye....
<snip>
> But its a nice touch, that fast-fowarard you mention.

At least partly inspired by an old "DRAGONLORDS" scenario where one of the encounters was a Dragonewt playing a game of Bridge with his other incarnations (The scenario was set inside the brain of a sleeping true dragon - although the characters never realised this until they escaped by climbing out of it's ear...)

[Jar Eel and Belintar]
> I think she substituted as the goddess who sent him on to the
> Underworld. And sent him to the "wrong" one.

So either (1) One of us misremembered
          (2) We're working from different versions of the same Myth,
or        (3) The two stations are (or could be) a single one...

It could almost be used as an example for this discussion!