Re: [HeroWars] Re: Hero Quests R Uz

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:28:24 +1300

Jeffrey Kyer:

> > IIRC Jar Eel defeated the Pharoh by
> > substituting herself for the "fixed" encounter of "The Red Man"

>I think she substituted as the goddess who sent him on to the
>Underworld. And sent him to the "wrong" one. One that his ritual was
>not designed to get him out of. But I'm sure we're going to see more
>of Mr. Harshax in the future.

The story from Greg is that the Pharaoh was doing his usual rite. At one station, he comes across some obscure beings known as the Red Guards and must give them a coin to get past.

On his last quest, JarEel and friends took the place of the Red Guard. When the Pharaoh gave them the coin, they said "hang on, this has to be a gold coin from the reign of Khordavu!". The Pharaoh is stunned because this has never happened before. Seeing this the Lunar Red Guards say, "You don't know how this ends, do you? Well, we do!" and draw their scimitars...

--Peter Metcalfe