Re: Re: Passion spirits & automatic augmentation

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:17:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Alexandre Lanciani wrote:

> But I always require an action (a shot?) to power-up. Rippling muscles
> requires an action to flex and show them.

My rule of thumb is that if the augment is for this action only, its a 'free action'. This lets players perform actions like 'I call on Humakt to guide my sword...'(roll dice)'...and skewer him through the heart.'(roll dice). If the augment lasts the whole contest - Yinkin worshipper grows claws then rips up trollkin - it takes an action to do.

Allows for lots of dramatic augments without unbalancing the game.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net