Re: Vanganth

From: Meirion Hopkins <Meirion_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:52:46 -0000

Me:
> Is it necessary to be an Orlanth [Aspect] worshiper to be a devotee of Vanganth? I'd assumed not.

Nick Eden
> I would say "No, but..."

> Not worshipping Orlanth in at least a minor way is damned unusual. It
> would be strange and aberrant behaviour to form a devoted relationship
> with Vanganth while essentially rejecting Orlanth. There would have to
> be a Story to be told.

Roderick's comments on Orlanth Adventurous have clarified a lot of things for me, but the character was always a member of the Storm Pantheon he didn't totally ignore the connection (plus, the player is a Glorantha newbie - it was a case of pick a profession and a god you like from these here lists and we'll see how it goes).

> Most (perhaps even 'all') Orlanthi would think the character mad. The
> best real world analogue I can come up with would be one of these
> strange Irish mystic women who venerate the Blessed Virgin without
> wanting anything to do with the Trinity. Sinaed O'Conner. Not the sort
> of character to drop into a game casually.

There was an assumption that he spent a lot of time in the wilds "doing strange things with the other fly-boys" from the tribe! All very strange :-)

Meirion