Re: augments

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:41:04 EST

In a message dated 1/17/01 5:30:05PM, you write:

<< >The alternative is that the person with the most abilities wins every
>battle... Given how easy it is to get another ability, not having the
>rule means players can spend AGES before a contest
>augmenting with this, that and the next thing. This is (a) boring
>and (b) unbalancing.

 Maybe there should be some sort decreasing benefit as opposed  to a blanket ban.

My house rule is that you can augment with as many abilities as you want, but you can only apply one of the results, and each takes an action. I also keep the 'negative' result for failures. I guess this falls under (a) as it can involve more die rolls but players can end up with big negative augments which are sometimes amusing.

Keith N