Re: Re: Augment questions

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:33:04 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Alexandre Lanciani wrote:

> Il giorno 17-01-2001 18:19, Mikko Rintasaari, mikrin_at_... ha scritto:
>

> > While this is true I certainly don't see this leading to telegraphing an
> > attack by doing a showy routine before the attack. The only reason I can
> > think of is that one may hope the "badass karate dude" show unnerves the
> > opponent.
>
> And not because it simply looks so cool? What's the point in having all
> those nifty abilities if you cannot even show them off a little! ;-)

Uh... because if he doesn't suspect that I'm a martial artist, the surprise value will make it more propable that I will defeat him?

	-Adept : who likes cinematics too, and has even scared off an
		 attacker in RL by such "badass karate dude" show. But
		 that's because I didn't want a fight. In a real fight,
		 strike first, ponse later.