Re: Re: Augment questions

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:54:25 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Wulf Corbett wrote:

Wulf, replying to me:
> I think you're being too realistic here. If it works for Bruce lee, it
> works in HW. Likewise Xena's war-whoop, her fancy acrobatics and her
> sword-twirling. Somewhat more realistically, archers in competition
> frequently take a long, deep breath & a calming few seconds before
> every shot. Minotaurs always start a fight by standing, legs akimbo,
> fists clenched, bellowing at their opponents - in my Glorantha.
>
> What Dragonewts do, I haven't decided yet, but it'll be impressive...
>
> Wulf

This is quite legitimate, I'm sure. I go for more subtle visuals (though on the minotaurs and such I agree heartily)... or rather... mostly I agree, especially on the ponsing Orlanthi, who love nothing more than shouting their own praises, twirling their gleaming sword and flexing their muscles before combat.

I still think such ponsing and showing off happens _before_ combat. Not when actually attacking.

        -Adept the uncinematic