Re: Augment questions

From: David Boatright <david.boatright_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:50:58 -0000

JEFFREY KYER

>> Sure, you can. HW:RiG p. 133-4 says:
>>
>> "Abilities may only be augmented by only one mundane ability,
>>and only once per feat, but can be increased by several different
>>feats. That is, a *Swordfighting* abilty may be augmented by
>>*Great Strength* or *Ferocity*, but not both; and by many
>>different feats, but not by the same feat twice."

>I suspect that this may change.

What does this mean?

Wulf Corbett

>Is this a problem? Offhand I cannot think of a single Deity - and
>barely a single AFFINITY, that hasn't got at least 2 Feats, one
>usable for a Bonus and one for an Edge (OK, so not all usable on
>Close Combat)! I cannot see how Humakt has any such
>advantage.

I don't quite understand this reply. I am against the limiting of one augmentation and one edge. But then again I have just checked and I was wrong I thought Humakt had at least 3 feats that could used for enhancements. Unless of course I chance my arm and say Weapon and shield destroyer for a total of four but _I_ wouldn't allow them to be used as such. I suppose subcults could help you stack them up as well.
I only have Heortling Gods at hand so I can't check the rest. I don't really see the worry or have people encountered a lot of examples Christoph Kohring's improv. fest frequently. I had always thought of improvised feats for use in an emergency as opposed to the norm.