[HeroWarsProgram] Re: Fetch abilities

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:41:15 -0000

> It appears that in Hero Wars a fetch may also have some sort of
> material presence in some other sort of being (say Kolating Shaman
> with his fetch in a Storm Spirit, an Earth Witch with her fetch in
> snake or a Telmori with his fetch in a Wolf) and the question
Charles
> and Wulf are asking is how these "incarnated" fetches should have
> their abilities dealt with. I'd guess that you could treat
> the "incarnated" fetch as both a Fetch and a Follower - with it's
> Fetch rating = to the Shamans best skill, and two other skills
> determined as for any other follower.

Well, not quite, it's recently been confirmed that a Fetch isn't a separate entity of any kind, but a part of the Shaman's own 'spirit/psyche/whatever', and therefore couldn't really incarnate in a separate physical form, but presumably just supplies the abilities to the Shaman.

>Thunder
> Rebels and/or Storm Tribe may tell us more about these beings)

There's a note in the Storm Tribe contents list about Additional Animism Rules, which sounds hopeful...

Wulf