Re: Re: Improvised Feats

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:02:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Bryan Thexton wrote:

> > Not in my game, for what its worth.
> > For initiates, using the affinity magic is the norm.
> >
> Now I'm really confused! My impression was that you couldn't use the
> affinity itself for anything. That for initiates that score
> effectively translated to "use listed feats at affinity -3, improvise
> other feats at affinity -5, -6, or more."

The basic idea is that an initiate doesn't know any feats, so he instead improvises all magics using the affinity. This looks like (in game terms) using feats, but with an improv. penalty and some of us are lazy about the terminology. The penalty should be roughly the same for all improvised feats (whether by initiates or devotees) whether on the 'official' list or not.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net