Re: Re: Fetch abilities

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:35:53 +0000

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:46:35 -0000, " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> > IMO the fetch has its abilities whose ratings depend on its
>> might, but
>> > are not necessarily equal to it. Like normal spirits, IIRC...
>>
>> Well, the great majority of spirits & discorporate otherworld
>> entities have abilities either fixed, or equal to their Might.

>A quick perusal of Anaixal's record shows that this is not the case.

OK, I'll drop that argument, I was exaggerating - the Nature and Disease Spirits must have been dominating my memory :)

HOWEVER... the one and only Shaman so far detailed in HW, that being Jammak, Shaman of Ostin, of the Servants of the Cleansing, in the sample characters, has a Fetch noted as 'Secret Murder, Might 18W (Induce Slumber, Noiseless Tread, Sense Sleeper)'. That, to me, is three abilities at one TN, the Fetch's Might. Of course, this is only one example, of one type of Fetch, and the sample characters have a good many mistakes. But so far it's the ONLY example, and there are no other guidelines I can find anywhere. If the Kolatings get Wind Spirits for Fetches, how many cubic meters?

Wulf