Re: augmentation

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:36:15 -0800

Greg wrote

> Just FYI, in my game it takes a turn to perform each feat. Thus she'd still
> be prancing and casting her FEats when the fight was over for many
> participants.

I've always run it this way too. It is also in the rules: "Enhancement requires an unrelated action in an extended contest." [p.133]

Yes, you can end up with many augments if you have lots of preparation time, but typically you just have time for one or two.

Andrew wrote:

> The Glossary says that an augmentation is a type of enhancement.

I use "augment" as the generic term (after the table on p.134), which includes bonuses and edges. (It doesn't seem necessary to have two different terms for "bonus.")

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein