Re: HPs guarantee success?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:49:14 -0000

> > > who's prepared to spend a HP or two to make sure it works
> >
> > I'm puzzled by comments like this. How does an HP guarantee
> success?

> > you roll 3, I roll 7. You've succeeded, I've failed. I spend an
HP
> > improve my result to success. You still win because yours was
the
> lower
> > roll.

> Yes, but I'm only facing a _marginal_ failure rather than something
> worse

Exactly my meaning in the original post. I only roll 20's when I bid in excess of 20 AP... Plus, if I DID win, but didn't roll a Crit, that HP can give me all the AP I could ever need. I have used a HP for this, it allows my character to risk vast ammounts of AP and helps build up her reputation (flash-frying opponents with one 50-AP bid of Soulfire tends to impress).

Wulf