Re: augmentation

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:54:30 +0100

>De : David Dunham <david_at_...>
>À : hw-rules_at_egroups.com
>Objet : Re: augmentation
>Date : Jeu, 18 jan 2001 21:36

> Greg wrote
>
>> Just FYI, in my game it takes a turn to perform each feat. Thus she'd still
>> be prancing and casting her Feats when the fight was over for many
>> participants.
>
> I've always run it this way too. It is also in the rules:
> "Enhancement requires an unrelated action in an extended contest."
> [p.133]
>
> Yes, you can end up with many augments if you have lots of
> preparation time, but typically you just have time for one or two.

Exactly my point! Time and imagination are the only limits to enhancements through feats and affinities... which makes theism a superior magic system. That's also why my example took place in an ambush where, for all practical purposes, there is no time limit if the players are well-organized enough (i.e. a lookout is keeping track of the enemy on a second-by-second basis.)

Christoph