Re: Please review my first Big Bad Spirit NPC

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:07:51 -0000

> Of course the narrator could be kind and say a normal complete
defeat of
> -40 is required for mundane trips to the other side. But I find
aiming
> to beat that big barrier to -140 puts you in the right frame of
mind for
> the rest of the quest.

Is this not one of the errata - opening up the otherside only requires any level of defeat.

Now I know that earlier in this thread it was a requirement that members of the quest leader's retinue come along to fill particular roles in the quest, but I would suggest that, if going on a well known quest/myth path, then the power of the quest itself will enable your retinue to cross over with you.

If going on a plunder type exploratory quest, then use a "well known" (i.e. if it doesn't exist, make it up) myth of a leader setting off on a journey with his(or her) retinue as the mechanism to open the way. Attempting to do everything using only a characters personal/communal power is a recipie for disaster, especially when one could tap into the powers of the world to help.

regards,
Charles