Re: imperial

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:18:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> *sigh* this is the truly tragic development from RQ to HW. We seem to
> have slipped back to imperial measurements. Isn't even US supposed to be
> using SI-units these days?

Erm, isn't this a great advantage? Metric measurements, while lovely and logical and all, just don't have the same olde worlde feel of imperial. Certainly, I can't see the Orlanthi using a regimented system based on multiples of ten - maybe the Lunars...

Having said that, surely the real Gloranthan metric system will use base seven anyway.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net