Re: Improvised Feats

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:08:34 -0000

I think there is another option here, although I could be wrong. I think, if you make the penalty for improvising feats as high as Greg suggested, that you should be able to roll against the affinity as a sort of "focussed divine aid" i.e. Instead of just saying "Orlanth, aid me!" you can say "Orlanth, aid me in this fight" or "Orlanth, send your wind to aid me." The details of what happens are still up to the narrator to define, but by moving to the affinity from the "initiate of" you gain some precision.

Of course, how precise you can get with your requests before you are requesting a specific feat is probably a blurry line. Can a Yinkini with the "sensuality" affinity say "Yinkin, help me seduce this person" (which is almost like asking for the flirt feat), or merely "Yinkin, help me have a good place to sleep tonight" (which could result in you sleeping alone, but comfortably, with a "sleep anywhere" type result).

It does open thing up for a some cool game results, but I could also see it being an area that could easily result in abuse or disputes.

--Bryan