Re: imperial

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:24:02 -0000

> I objected to this at first too, but on reflection it gives the game
> an old-world feel to it :) But, then again, I was brought up using
> feet & inches (and I still can't figure out people's heights &
> weights in metric...). Imperial measures... hmm... blame the damn
> Lunars!
>
> Wulf

Oddly, in my game, when dealing with the Loonies, all measurements are in Metric. When dealing with the Sartarites, its in Imperial (with all those lovely rods, chains, stones, pecks and so forth)... Don't know what I'll do when they run into the Western types -- I'll probably go to whatever the arabs used.

And yes, the largest english-speaking nation in the world is also (aparently) the only nation that isn't officially metric.

Jeff