Re: Conversion & proselytization

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:35:59 -0800

At 10:33 AM 1/19/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>OK, but I would think that Yelmalio isn't part of the Storm Pantheon so it's
Correct.

>still a case of Pantheon conversion. What kind of rituals do Yelmalions have
>for Sacred Time, I wonder?!

They are similar to the Dara happan rituals more than the orlanthi rituals.

>> Unless a scenario comes up in one of the story-arc books (like Sartar
>> Rising), I doubt that you'll see actual rules for this sort of thing. This
>> is big, BIG magic, and while HW can cover it mechanically, there are
>> probably not a whole lot of times that player groups will need to use it.
>
>That's too bad. It would make for a very interesting campaign to have
>players of Lunar characters trying to convert some Sartar clan to the way of
>the Moon or even better to have Heortling characters being seduced to the
If it is done on time, we may have this. ANd the plans for scenarios being written now DO include scenario fo Orlanthi character trying to convert others to their religion.

>Lunar faith on an individual basis first and then who convert the rest of
>their clan. It's not as if it hasn't happened before, after all Blakmoor the
>Rabid-Kangharl Kagradusson, king of the Colymar from 1615 to 1625-was an
>Uroxi player-character in Greg's campaign who converted to the Lunar
>religion (Seven Mothers?).

All correct except that he was Orlanthi, not Uroxi.

>On the other hand, later in the Hero Wars, I submit that Argrath will also
>practice a policy of counter-proselytization with his Temple of the Reaching
>Storm and the "reconquista" of former Heortling lands.
Yes.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>