Re: imperial

From: Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:32:53 -0500

"JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:
> And yes, the largest english-speaking nation in the world is also
> (aparently) the only nation that isn't officially metric.

Actually I think we are officially use both. I seem to remember that as part of Jimmy Carter's legacy. But I'm glad that it is a dismal flop. I lived in France for nearly 4 years, so I can use that metric non-sense, but I still don't like it. But then again, I like dealing with powers of 2. Yes, I consider a gallon to be 2^7 ounces.

And isn't "imperial" something other than what we use here? I've heard that an "imperial pint" is 20 ounces instead of the 16 that God decreed that normal folk should use :-)

PS: Of course I have no idea what this has to do with Glorantha.

--
Douglas Seay               Senior Software Engineer   +1 (919) 405-4702
douglas.seay_at_...   Marconi Communications     RTP, NC, USA