Re: Character design Qs

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:07:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 reinierd_at_... wrote:

> Yes, you can give them special items or followers, but whereas an RQ3
> Issaries dude could always cast a handy Befuddle or even Disruption,
> my new Issaries guy can only do a Clear Voiced Shout or an improvised
> Communicate Rage (you get the idea; pretty milquetoasty compared to
> anything from Babeester Gor). This stinks in combat, and combat is an
> important part of most Orlanthi stories.

"I perform a Clear Voiced Shout to deafen my opponent, burst his ear-drummed and cause his head to explode."

"I perform a Clear Voiced Shout to distract my friend's opponent. I want to lend X APs."

Using feats requires more imagination than RQ spells. This is one of HW's great strengths.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net